Chairs are expensive and difficult to make as a DIY project.
Open design for a chair that can be made anywhere with simple tools and easily to source materials.
- 1 sheet of 18mm plywood or any 18mm sheet material
- M10 Rod 534mm long (x4)
- M10 Bolts, Nuts & Washers (a fair few)
- Battery Drill
- 11mm Drill Bit
- Adjustable up to M10 Spanner (x2 depending on bolts)
- Large Flathead Screwdriver (depending on bolts)
- 35mm Jig for marking out holes for Bolts (optional)
- Jigsaw (optional)
I used lo-fi cardboard prototypes to develop the design realising an issue with the original design. Essentially adding the pair of 140mm width pieces to ensure the strength of the chair.